Senior Network Engineer
Celtic Communications designs, implements, hosts and supports, multi site converged networks for small to medium sized businesses across a national and international footprint.
The position will require an individual with strong written and verbal communication skills, proven problem solving, analytical and diagnostic skills as well as advanced Cisco network design and configuration experience.
The successful candidate will work as the senior member of a team, tasked with designing and deploying complex, highly available, tightly integrated, secure, flexible, and fault-tolerant networks. These are anchored in a network of fully redundant Data Centers, delivering Data, Voice, Data and Video service and content over both land based and wireless infrastructures
- Define, document and implement strategy, direction and architectures for the global network environment. This requires extensive and broad functional experience with switching, routing, firewall, VPN, wireless, content networking, and network management systems across a wide range of complex architectures, platforms and mediums
- Research, design, plan, and implement new network technologies into current operating environment. Test and evaluate future looking technologies
- Evaluate existing client infrastructures using network monitoring applications, ensure optimal network performance for Voice, Video and Data services
- Define and follow standards and best practices for network design, testing, and implementation methodology. Document the environment
- Configure, deploy, fine-tune, monitor, maintain, upgrade, troubleshoot, support and repair the global network as required
- 5 +years of direct engineering and design experience in the telecommunications and/or networking industry
- Expert knowledge of Cisco networking equipment and software – Cisco CCNP or equivalent or better, experience administering enterprise IP networks in mission-critical, 7×24 production environments
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable network architectures, with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery
- Expert working knowledge (including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot) Cisco routers, switches, MPLS networks, ASA firewalls, 802.11 wireless access points, and load balancers
- Understanding of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/authentication protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
- Must have knowledge networking features and protocols such as spanning tree, ARP, CDP, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, Ether channel, 802.1Q trunking, MLS, HSRP, QoS, multicast, 802.11, IPsec, Frame Relay, RADIUS/TACACS+, SNMP, T-1/E-1, BRI/PRI, MPLS
- Additional areas of expertise in areas Experience supporting IP-based voice and video systems, including QoS on both LAN and WAN infrastructure such as IP Telephony, ShoreTel as desirable
- Experience with network management tools such as Sniffers, Ethereal, MRTG, HP Open view, What’s Up Gold, Netreo Omniscient. Sniffer certification or CNX a plus
- Experience supporting Windows and UNIX products systems/applications on networking technologies. Certifications and/or experience equivalent to MCSE, Solaris, and Linux
- Excellent Salary, Bonus, Rich Equity Plan and Benefits. Relocation Package is available.
- To apply, email your resume to email@example.com