VP of Network Engineering
Celtic Communications designs, implements, host and supports multi site converged networks for small to medium sized businesses across a national and international footprint.
The position will require an individual with strong written and verbal communication skills, proven problem solving, analytical and diagnostic skills as well as advanced Cisco network design and hands on configuration experience in network technologies.
The successful candidate will head a team of voice and network engineers, tasked with designing and deploying complex, highly available, tightly integrated, secure, flexible, and fault-tolerant networks. These are anchored in a network of fully redundant Data Centers, delivering Data, Voice, Data and Video content over both land based and wireless infrastructures.
Salary $90,000 -120,000
Health Plan, 401K, Stock Options
- Network Design Team Leader.
- Oversees project implementation; ensures network design and performance and delivery timeline objectives are met.
- Assist with future internal growth planning, including development of and maintenance of evolving network architectures.
- Responsible for the development documentation and implementation of wider network technical standards.
- Evaluates network infrastructure for performance, risks, service availability, and disaster contingency planning.
- Responsible for new product evaluation and subsequent migration strategy planning.
- Responsible for the design and development of client managed network monitoring systems.
- Assist with interviewing and recruiting project implementation and network support team staff.
- Minimum of 7 years operational experience.
- Cisco Firewalls (Adaptive Security Appliance — ASA) hands on administration.
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop innovative solutions.
- Excellent planning, organization and project management skills.
- Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation.
- Ability to be an effective team member and technical leader.
- Ability to recognize and embrace change as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Time management to efficiently use ones time based on priorities and balance of tasks.
- Understanding of consulting methodology with customer centric focus.
- Ability to collaborate directly with customers and team members to fulfill deliverables.
- Ability to produce detailed documentation and written deliverables.
- Cisco Networking and IP routing (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, STP, EIGRP)
- Advanced knowledge and configuration / administration of network systems and management tools Cisco WCS/NCS.
- Extensive knowledge of core Cisco products and technologies (Nexus/MPLS), in addition, VPN, STP, IPSEC, CBWFQ, SRST.
- Extensive hands on experience setting up IP networks to guarantee highly available and robust networking (including automatic failover and notification.
Technology Certifications & Abilities
- CCIE Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (preferred)
- CNP Cisco Certified Network Professional
- CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate
- AS/Technical Degree
- Microsoft Certified or CISSP would be nice to have but not required
- To apply, email your resume to email@example.com