Senior Network Engineer
About the Job
Celtic Communications is a provider of converged network communications, including ShoreTel/Mitel IP Telephony solutions, Voice Trunking and Managed Network Services. Founded April 2000, we are committed to the principles of integrity, exceeding customer expectations, product leadership, respect and teamwork. We are seeking a highly motivated energetic individual passionate about playing a critical role in our Delray Beach, Florida team.
The successful candidate will work with a team of Voice and Network technicians, tasked with designing, deploying and supporting complex, highly available, integrated, secure, flexible, and fault-tolerant Data, Voice and Video networks.
Duties include the following
- Network Design Team Lead
- Oversee project implementation; ensure network design and performance and delivery timeline objectives are met
- Assist with future internal growth planning, including development of and maintenance of evolving network architectural diagrams.
- Responsible for the development, documentation and implementation of wider network technical standards
- Evaluate network infrastructures for performance, risks, service availability, and disaster contingency planning
- Responsible for new product evaluation and where applicable, migration strategy planning
- Responsible for the design and development of client-managed network monitoring systems
- Assist with interviewing and recruiting project implementation and network support team members
- Plan, forecast, implement and identify resource requirements for network systems.
- Minimum of 7 years operational experience.
- Cisco Router, Switches, Firewalls (Adaptive Security Appliance — ASA) hands on administration
- Ability to analyze complex data and develop innovative solutions
- Excellent planning, organization and project management skills
- Ability to take ownership of and focus on critical initiatives
- Excellent Verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Expert diagnostic and analytic troubleshooting skills
- Ability to be an effective technical leader
- Ability to recognize and embrace change as the external environment and organization evolves
- Excellent time management skills
- Understanding of consulting methodology with customer centric focus
- Ability to collaborate directly with customers and team members to fulfill deliverables
- Ability to produce detailed documentation and written deliverables
- Cisco Networking and IP routing (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, STP, EIGRP)
- Advanced knowledge and configuration / administration of network systems and management tools Cisco WCS/NCS
- Extensive knowledge of core Cisco products and technologies VPN, STP, IPSEC, CBWFQ, SRST
- Expert with VMWare and related VMWare tools including SRM, Lab Manager, Vsphere 4.0+, Hyper-V VM Management
- Ability to install and configure advanced server services including AD//DNS, Microsoft Exchange, IIS, SCCM, and related Microsoft Infrastructure Applications
- Extensive hands on experience setting up IP networks to guarantee highly available and robust networking (including automatic failover and notification
- Experience with Mitel or ShoreTel Telephony Systems
- Mitel or ShoreTel Contact Center experience
- Sophos Firewall and AV solutions experience
Technology Certifications and Abilities
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- CCNP Voice
- AS/Technical Degree
- Microsoft Certified Engineer