Technical Support and Field Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated energetic individual passionate about playing a critical role in our Delray Beach, Florida team.
- Focus on rapid identification and resolution of customer issues.
- Provide first level support to ShoreTel customers.
- Answer questions and perform initial triage on problem reports.
- Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal and external service level agreements (SLA). Providing ongoing, regular updates to customers to keep them apprised of progress toward problem resolution.
- Participate in the creation of proactive measures to anticipate and/or remove the need for traditional service and support.
- Technical assistance for hardware, software and/or applications.
- Partnering to create and update technical documentation.
- Providing onsite installation and other professional services as needed.
- Customer needs assessment and documentation creation.
- System design, Call Flow documentation creation.
- Meet various SLA requirements based on measurable metrics.
- Participate in off-hours and on-call support.
- Must be a team player with excellent collaborative skills
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- A working knowledge of VoIP, related protocols, and standards preferred.
- 5 or more year’s experience/knowledge of data networking.
- Must be knowledgeable, understanding, and practical.
- Application of technologies, protocols, and related standards including layer 3 switching (OSI model), TCP/IP, Ethernet, LAN, WAN, and IP routers.
- 5 or more years experience and knowledge of Telephony protocols and interfaces, T1, E1, PRI, QSIG, and analog trunking.
- A complete understanding of the technologies and protocols that are required to deploy and manage a distributed architecture e.g., numerous devices connected across an IP network.
- Experience/knowledge of the Contact Center environment, including call flow, CTI integration, Reporting and Work Force Management.
- A complete understanding of current telephony applications and the vendors that supply the applications including Collaboration and Conferencing, ACD, IVR, and CTI, IM.
- Knowledge, understanding, and practical application of basic computer systems including disk management, file systems, memory management and related concepts.
- Fast learner able to come up to speed rapidly on new technologies.
- Applicant must be eligible to work in the US for immediate opening.
Related Work Experience
Your background should include experience in the high tech environment, preferably in the telecommunications industry. Experience working at companies such as Cisco, Nortel, Lucent, and Aspect or others providing services in the VOIP, PBX and data communications fields is considered to be a plus. Your experience should also include a successful track record of working on multiple cases within the same time period.
A Bachelor’s degree or related experience is required. Microsoft MCSE and/or CISCO certifications are a plus.
Based on experience.
- To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org