Voice, Data Network Field Technician
About the Job
Celtic Communications is a provider of converged network communications, including ShoreTel/Mitel IP Telephony solutions, Voice Trunking and Managed Network Services. Founded April 2000, we are committed to the principles of integrity, exceeding customer expectations, product leadership, respect and teamwork. We are seeking a highly motivated energetic individual passionate about playing a critical role in our Delray Beach, Florida team.
The successful candidate will work with a team of Voice and Network technicians, tasked with designing, deploying and supporting complex, highly available, integrated, secure, flexible, and fault-tolerant Data, Voice and Video networks.
Duties include the following:
- Assist with project implementation; ensure network design and performance and delivery timeline objectives are met
- Provide incident resolution through product configurations, technical knowledge, hands-on testing and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN, wired and wireless networks, and IP Telephony systems
- Maintain working knowledge of all Telephony applications, products and system offerings.
- Provide remote or onsite Network diagnostics and route testing
- Desktop application deployment configuration and trouble shooting
- End user education and training
- Minimum of 3 years operational experience.
- Knowledge of ShoreTel/Mitel Telephony applications and systems
- Experience in an IT/Telecommunications technical support environment
- Knowledge of switches and firewalls
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong verbal skills
- Tier 1 network diagnostic and analytic troubleshooting skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft desktop systems (Windows 7 and Windows 10)
- Mitel or ShoreTel experience
- Sophos Firewall and AV solutions experience
- Wireless LAN/WAN experience
Technology Certifications and Abilities
- ShoreTel Certified UC Installation Engineer
- COMP T1A certification
- AS/Technical Degree